Monday, March 21, 2011

ohhh boy oh boy

I'm excited about this one! Thinking on the feet. I can thank my mom for teaching me thrifty alternatives for pretty much all aspects of life. (Thanks mom!) Since this one is the project we're doing all by ourselves it will be really educational to see the different approaches (or similar approaches) that everyone in our class will take when doing this project. I love working in groups but I also enjoy getting lost in smaller projects to complete an idea of my own. I love having limitations and boundaries... it is helpful to give myself these because I constantly have to tell myself to think SMALLER and work within my means.
Since my film career had humble beginnings as a kid doing puppet shows for my family, I want to play with paper dolls and cutouts on my scanner at home. It'll be like old school cell animation with cutouts, drawings, paints, manipulated film strips, or even smaller 3D objects I have around the house. Can we use fragments from magazines or newspapers? Not entire images--but just to layer for some background images?  I want to make a giant moving collage. Actually... nevermind I can create my own word documents for that and then SNIP SNIP...
I could scan my hands or feet, or press my face against the scanner (because that will never get old). 
I'll probably take a conceptual narrative route. Something abstract, a little surreal. Perhaps with geometrical shapes influenced by cubism, and probably some Dali homage.
To create more layers in these images I scan, I'll need to find those clear overhead sheets of paper like the teachers used to write on with the vis-a-vis markers back in middle school. I enjoy working with my hands so I think that cutting and pasting and painting and drawing will be my main techniques I will use. Although I would like a good mixture between hand drawn and photo shopping. I'll mix in some "paint documents" and see what crazy effects I can find in photoshop that could refine (but not conceal) the raw aspects of the crafting.
Now that we've learned about how important sound is, I suppose I should think of a good way to record some original sounds. How can I record my own sounds without using a camera? Maybe there is a recorder on my phone....The sounds I'd like to record are the actual sounds that my scanner and printer makes. I'll record sounds as I make the video. It will draw attention to the process of HOW I made the animation. Maybe even the beeps or sounds the recorder's cues. I love the sounds that the scanner makes. I wish I could imitate it with words... EEEEEEE.... EEEEEEE. WHEEEEEEEE WHEEEE EEEE WHEEEE EHHH WEH EH WEH EH WEH EH.... hmm... am I close? Maybe the noise could be turned into some sort of abstract poem. Or maybe it is already. *shrugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment